BOTOX® Cosmetic is a simple, non-surgical treatment that can temporarily relax muscles including the ones responsible for frown lines in people 18 to 65 years of age. It is a safe treatment approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
It may be advantageous to receive the BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment in a dental office as;
- Dentists are experienced to do lots of injections for daily local anaesthetics resulting in more comfortable injections.
- The area of head and neck is the primary focus of dentists and they have a good knowledge of anatomy and function of muscles in this area.
- Dental chairs can be reclined to any position to provide maximum comfort for both patient and practitioner.
- It can be combined with other cosmetic and routine dental treatments like teeth cleaning to save you time.
Botox can be used to improve:
- Frown lines between eyebrows
- Forehead lines
- Crow feet on the sides of corner of eyes
- Bunny lines or wrinkles on the nose
- Minor elevation of the tip of the eyebrows
- Eminence of chin
- Softening the jaw line to achieve more feminine look
- Easing off muscles responsible for clenching and teeth grinding
Procedure will be done on dental chair. No anaesthesia is required, instead an ice pack may be used to numb the area. Several tiny injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic will be administered. You may expect to feel no pain or minor discomfort (like insect bite). The entire BOTOX® Cosmetic injection procedure takes approximately 10 minutes.